Spring Has Finally Arrived!

After a grueling, very snowy winter in the Niagara region we have got an absolutely lovely Spring season upon us. I am already thick in the garden plot getting my hands dirty. I am not as experienced as some of the other gardeners in my building, but they are a friendly bunch & full of advice. So before any canning gets underway I have to get the vegetables in the ground.
Garden of dreams.
In my mind this is my big gorgeous garden, but in reality I am dealing with a little 6x6 plot of raised garden bed. I am getting into gardening to understand better where our food comes from & to learn the hazards of growing.( IE: Squirrels digging at the base of the plants & bug pest control.) Also as a way to cheaply add produce to our household - home grown tastes the best & you know where it came from.
Garden of reality.
 So as you can see I have an explosion of wild strawberries I transplanted in from last fall. I have a jalapeno pepper plant, jupiter sweet peppers, two tomato plants, a squirrel transplanted onion, lettuce from the neighbors & rosemary. I also planted marigolds around the boarder for pest control & as a way to identify my plot. I am dreaming big because all I have growing in my balcony plots is wild mint & some weeds.
 Wish me luck.


Comments

Popular Posts