Quick Snack Pumpkin Seeds - the best part of the Jack O' Lantern!

Fall is the best season for food, weather, fun things to do & holidays in Ontario. You will never see our province any better than it currently is at this time of year. 
Rattlesnake Point Ontario, best hiking near the Toronto Area.
One of the best parts of Fall is of course getting your Pumpkin ready for Halloween. I've heard that even though this is a traditional Irish holiday, Halloween is celebrated far more in North America. It's my favorite time of year though & I am really looking forward to digging into my roasted pumpkin seeds.

I leave the little bits of pumpkin on for extra flavor.

INGREDIENTS:
Pumpkin Seeds - I had roughly 2 cups from my two small pumpkins that I pureed. 
2 tbsp of butter that is melted
salt & pepper to taste

A nice thin layer to ensure all the seeds are toasted is key.

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Prep a baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Toss the seeds, melted butter & salt & pepper in a bowl to ensure seeds are well coated. Spread out on the baking sheets into a thin layer.
3. Bake seeds for 45 min in oven. Turn them at the half way point to ensure baking consistency.
4. Once cooled eat them all. Preferably with a good friend & a nice beer.

The Camera Filter did not do this shot justice, but the seeds were so good. The family finished them before I could get a better shot.

Not only is this recipe easy, but it's delicious. I have made these every year with my Mom since I was a kid. A nice way to also ensure none of your pumpkin goes to waste either.

Comments

Popular Posts