Beaujolais Nouveau Festival!

It's that time of year again! The 3rd Thursday in November is the long awaited time for Beaujolais Nouveau wines from France! It's the first wines of the vintage from a terribly small growing region in France. If you are like me & you loathe most traditional reds you will adore these wines. They are young with abundant flavour & freshness. I am sampling my first bottle of Georges DuBoeuf Beaujolais-Villages Nouveau as we speak. It launches today & don't wait to enjoy it! These wines will be scooped up by enthusiasts (& novices such as myself) - The biggest LCBO in Toronto was already selling out of their wines a few hours after opening. It's sadly a festival that doesn't get a lot of press. My boyfriend introduced me to these wines & I have gotten hooked.

For fun facts & more info about this festival check out the links below.

Beaujolais Nouveau Day!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/17/uk-wine-beaujolais-nouveau-idUSLNE7AG03E20111117


Comments

Popular Posts